Monday, September 19, 2005

"It is shameful to politicize this disaster" -every Republican apologist for the last 3 weeks

Digby Jackasses. Though I live in a liberal oasis (Athens) in the desert of conservatism that is Georgia, I work in Watkinsville. Just 15 minutes to the south, it's supposedly one of the most conservative (and wealthy) counties in the state. Today, two (Republican) co-workers were discussing the media slant and blaming of everyone involved (my paraphrase of their conversation) while I was in the room. Tempted as I was to jump into the discussion, I stopped myself, because I'm no longer able to speak civily about this administration. I like these folks, I'm not mad at them, I'm just dumbfounded that anyone can still support Bush and his cronies (actually, that phrase may be conceding too much leadership to Bush, but that's a topic for another day). Often I talk it over with my girlfriend or family and we ask ourselves, "How can anyone support him? Who are these people? Then I come to work and I realize, they're just ordinary people, not evil or even stupid. I just don't get it. And then my brain shivers and crawls into the darkest recesses of my skull to hide. I realized at some point this week that over two years left to serve. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home